Monday, December 2, 2013

December Has Arrived--'Tis The Season!

I keep thinking and reminding myself that I have a party (annual J.O.Y. Sunday School Class) at the house this coming Sunday...but I seem to be in a lull...can't seem to get motivated to accomplish various tasks. I still haven't put ornaments back on the tree...I think that Nathan needs to come over and look at it and straighten it a bit more by placing books or something under one side of the board that the tree sits on. Yesterday I took the Christmas letter that Woody had written and added pictures to it. Today we started printing the letters. Woody has been addressing envelopes and folding letters and stuffing the envelopes...a big step for our 'tis the season activities...getting the Christmas letters ready to mail. Today I have spent time sending out a couple of emails to my Sunday School class members and then I actually ordered a Christmas present for Woody to give (mine!). The way things have gone lately I will probably have forgotten what it is by Christmas! We also received a Christmas order in the mail...two presents here! I feel so behind this year with our gift choices. I always feel this way when I don't make presents...but this year hasn't been a present making year. After all that I decided that I should come into the sewing room and make my niece's birthday present that I had promised...a bit of a late gift. I plan to have it made to include in the Christmas box that we will send to AZ. I feel behind in everything! I had school with Isaac, Elijah, Esther, Joy and Graham today. I am still coughing much to my dismay (And, I'm sure those to around me!) I keep thinking that my coughing is getting better...that is until a "coughing fit" hits! We are enjoying the leftovers from Saturday's Thanksgiving feast...and, enjoying the memories of the fun day we had as a family. Now onward to enjoy the Christmas season that is upon us. Tonight's photo is my favorite of all our decorations...our Precious Moments Nativity. Graham put the pieces out for us this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment