Friday, December 13, 2013

'Tis the Thirteenth of December

I have probably posted tonight's photo before, but it is such a classic that I want to share it again. This is my mother, sister and me trimming the tree back in 1956. When I was looking through old pictures and came across this one, is when I realized that I really did grow up in "Leave It To Beaver" times! I didn't sleep very well last night so I was awake early and decided that I needed a snooze fairly early this morning. When I woke up from my little two-hour nap, I was greeted with the very happy face of Elijah. He had gone with Goosey (Woody) to the grocery store and he had come home with a couple of nerf guns with suction cup "bullets!" He was so VERY excited and happy. His daddy and Graham had gone hunting this morning and I think that this was a good substitute for not getting to go along with the hunters! He had more fun having target practice shooting at the door in our family room. After lunch he brought Esther back and they both had target practice for a while and after a while Joy joined them. They did a very good job of sharing and taking turns. He left the two guns here as he knew that Isaac shouldn't play with them. But later this afternoon, he came back over and got them when Isaac went down for a nap! I enlisted Graham to help me shop for a nine-year-old boy. He shopped with me in between hunting trips. Still no deer for them...but they are trying! I made one of our favorite pasta sauces for our supper. I did manage in the early hours of the morning to complete an online order...so several more of our grandchildren will have presents as long as the mail comes through! I still have a couple to buy for, but I think that I can accomplish that here in town. Time is growing shorter and shorter. I did talk to Cheryl this afternoon and she seems to be progressing in her recovery...not quite as quickly as she would like...but hopefully improving every day. 'Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment