Friday, December 20, 2013

You're Invited!

Starting tomorrow night First Baptist Church, Tullahoma is presenting their annual A Night In Bethlehem: A Living Nativity. It will be the 21, 22, 23 from 6:30 till 9pm. It will definitely help you to define what Christmas is all about! Along with the town of Bethlehem there will be other entertainment and refreshments. Nathan and family will be juggling the Christmas story in a very unique way at intervals during the evening. We have had a pretty busy day. I ended up sleeping in later than I had planned because I had awakened in the night and couldn't get back to sleep so I worked on the Sunday School lesson for Sunday and did some other Christmas planning. Then I got sleepy and went back to sleep about the time that Woody got up. It is never a good idea for me to go back to sleep as I always seem to sleep longer than I mean to...oh, well! I did some major planning on the project that will be a promise to Isaac for his Christmas present once I woke up. I had planned to then get the grocery list together for our family Christmas feast, but at this point the pencil hasn't written anything on the list! Nathan asked if I could do a little altering on some costumes that the children will be wearing in their program tomorrow night. So I have been "hemming" (really just basting) hems into sleeves of several of the costumes and hemline of one of the garments. They were just given the costumes today. I still have one sleeve to go. I started hemming after lunch and then went next door mid afternoon to sit with the children while Woody, Nathan and Kathy went to a funeral. I continued to hem while I was over there and got Elijah's costume figured out as to how much I needed to hem up. Then I came home hemmed some more and then fixed our supper. Woody said that we ate high off the hog tonight and didn't even eat pork! We had surf and turf...pretty good! Woody did the dishes and I have come back upstairs now to blog and do some more hemming. The lack of days before our family Christmas is starting to make me gulp! 'Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment