Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Positive Thinking? 'Tis the Season!

I'm trying not to take on the mood of the character in the center of tonight's photo! I was hoping that I could say tonight that all ornaments are back on the tree...but it seems to be a slow process! Nathan and Kathy came over this morning and we got the tree straightened...so I am much happier! We had school this morning. Woody did Isaac's school while the rest had art including Elijah. Usually Elijah and Isaac are at the church with Kathy on Tuesday's when Kathy has Bible Study...but the Bible Study has taken a break for December. So the little boys were at home this morning. Isaac had trouble understanding why he wasn't coming over to our house first like most days. So Woody decided that he could do his school time this morning. Esther came first this morning to read and Joy came to read after her. The girls and I are reading from our Christmas books...we take turns...they read some and I read some. We're having fun getting into the spirit of Christmas! After the two reading sessions it was time for art. We were finishing up the card ball ornaments today. Graham had finished his so he helped Joy and I helped Abigail and Esther. Esther still has some more to go and we will finish on Thursday when she has her long time with me. She can cross stitch a little and glue the rest of the time! After art Abigail and I got underway with her skirt. She did great and she is getting close to finished with it. That means that I need to get busy and get my part done...a top and leggings. But that sewing will have to wait till next week...after my party! After lunch I got back to the tree. Then I took a break and came upstairs to work on a present that I am making. So a little sewing and a little tree trimming. Woody surprised me by getting all the leaves off the porch early this morning (a party job done!)...now to get the snowman pillows out there. I did get some of the Christmas dishes washed in the dishwasher and ready for the party...even on the table with a towel over them...another step. Woody spent a good part of the day folding Christmas letters, addressing and stamping the envelopes. He drove to the prayer room tonight and I believe that he planned to mail the Christmas letters...anyway I don't see the stack of them downstairs. That's a good job done! Tonight I am feeling the front that is coming...not good for accomplishing "things" for the party. I'm so glad that I did so much cleaning, etc. when I was decorating! I must make a to-do list for the party! 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment