Friday, December 6, 2013

Odds and Ends

I've spent the day doing "this and that" getting ready for the Sunday School party that will happen on Sunday...if I'm ready or not! I've even done a bit of sewing (as in using the embroidery part of my sewing machine). This evening I polished silver spoons and bells while watching NBC's "The Sound of Music." I have to watch it a day late as our TV antenna doesn't pick up NBC, but I can watch their programming a day later on my iPad. I have been checking things off my "to-do" list at a pretty good rate. The way my list looks now, I might actually be ready when my friends start arriving at 8 am Sunday morning for brunch. We will eat, have an ornament exchange and then have Sunday School in my living room. Then we'll head back to church to go to the 11 am service. This has been a tradition for some years now. We have a great time together. In the morning I will be making Wassail using a recipe from my college days...my expected contribution to the eats at the party. Woody ran an errand and did part of our weekly grocery shopping this morning. He has spent quite a bit of time on the computer today. Yesterday one of my jobs on the "to-do" list was straighten up the coat closet (how it can become the mess that it does is beyond me). Graham volunteered to help me. There is a shelf at the back of the closet that holds all our board games and we decided that we would organize them too. Well, we got them out but not back in before Graham needed to head back home. He planned to come over today and get them organized the way he wanted them...board games, word games, etc. But before he got over here, I started hearing thumping and thunking coming from the family room. I went in to check and Woody was putting the games away (He said he was playing when I asked him what he was doing!). So they are organized Woody's way and not Graham's, but whatever way, it is nice to have them back in neat stacks rather than stacks leaning this way and that! When Graham came over, he arranged the Fisher Price manger scene instead of organizing the game shelf...which was also a help. I think that I am through with readying for the party for tonight. I'm ready to rest for a while. My cough is definitely better, but not entirely gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment