Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Cake Is Out!

I just took Woody's birthday cake out of the oven so I will blog while it is cooling. Then I will get started on the frosting. It has been quite a busy day. It started out like a "normal" Tuesday...Woody did Isaac's school lessons while I listened to Esther read. Then he took them back home and hollered in the door for Joy. She came over to read and then we called everyone over except Isaac for art. They made Christmas collages using old Christmas cards. Then Abigail had her sewing time. She finished her skirt today and she tried it and the leggings that I had made her on to check the fit. I got going on her top last night. While Abigail and I were sewing, Nathan came over and got Woody and they went to the hospital to check on the father of one of his childhood friends. Nathan's friend had called not knowing exactly was going on with his father except that there was an emergency and he had been taken to the hospital. He asked Nathan to go sit with his mother at the hospital till he could get to Tullahoma. Woody went with him. When they got there, they found he had died. Such sad news at any time of the year, but it seems even sadder at this time of the year. I got my hair cut this afternoon and then went shopping...had to get a birthday present...managed to get a Christmas present too, but was not able to get something that I had planned on getting...one of the "perils" of living in little Tullahoma...not the best shopping! I have done most of my shopping online this year, but wanted to do some in Tullahoma and "thought" that I had left things that I would be able to get here...oh, well! Woody drove to the prayer room a while ago and is now home. We are settling in for a quiet evening...he--watching TV and reading and me--frosting a cake! 'Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment