Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Three Weeks From Today!

This afternoon when I turned the library date stamp two weeks ahead, I realized that in two weeks would be Woody's birthday and that meant that in three weeks it would be Christmas. I may just as well just close my eyes and let it arrive!!! I have had a busy day...I'm not sure about Woody. When I just asked Woody what he had done today all he could think that he had done was "get up!" I had school with Isaac, Elijah, Abigail and Joy. Graham missed his time as he and his daddy were off hunting. Joy and I got busy with her secret Christmas present making for Esther. Then after lunch I went to the church to work in the library. We did just the normal jobs...check in books, check out books and shelve books and then...we decorated for Christmas. I must admit that I have just about had enough of decorating. Abigail and I put a few of the "fallen ornaments" on the tree after she and I read a Christmas story. But I haven't had time to finish getting them on the tree...it just isn't fun putting ornaments BACK on a tree that was already decorated! In the process I have found a couple more that are broken. I'm in the midst of putting out snowman pillows on our front porch. That meant bringing in the floral pillows and putting them through the drier with a damp cloth...trying to get as much of the dust, etc. off of them as possible. I took one of them out just before coming upstairs to blog and found a small start to a mud dobber nest on one of them...Woody thinks that I need a picture...I'm not so sure! Shortly after supper I was so sleepy/tired/exhausted (or whatever) from my busy day that I came upstairs and took what I hope is a power nap so I can accomplish a little more this evening. Tomorrow evening will be taken up with the Deacon/Widow banquet so I'd best make hay while the sun shines! Speaking of sun shining. It was a really balmy day today...even muggy...felt like Spring had arrived in TN! We have a cold front approaching which means rain and colder temps are just around the corner. For now...I'm heading downstairs and I am determined that I WILL have the ornaments on the tree before I go to bed tonight. I "think" that my cough is getting better/going away slowly but surely. I'm ready to bid it adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment