Monday, December 9, 2013

Party! Party! 'Tis the Season!

Yesterday a party...and today a party. We had better be careful or we will turn into party animals (doubt that very much!). Our party was a big success yesterday. We had nineteen ladies (20 if you count my friend who showed up after the party! Long story!). We had lots of good fellowship, good laughs (thanks Right Family!), good food, and good Bible Study. I'm not in this year's picture as I didn't have time to get the camera set up on the tripod prior to the party. Last week while I was getting ready for yesterday's party, one of my friend's thoughts on parties kept coming into my head..."once you are ready for one party, you might as well have several since the house, etc. are all ready!" Well, I got an email from said friend of above philosophy suggesting that we meet and go out for lunch today. I counter offered and suggested that they come here since I was making a big pot of turkey soup. So we had lunch here together today. Such a nice afternoon of visiting and, of course, eating! This morning Isaac, Elijah, Joy and Graham came over for a time of school. Graham read for a while and then he helped me make gingerbread for our lunch. Woody has made an appointment to see a doctor next week to try to find out just exactly might be wrong with his knee (part of his sciatic pain or tendinitis or ?????)...hopefully he will find out what is wrong with it and what he should be doing for his knee pain. I did a little Christmas shopping late this afternoon. I "think" that has our AZ shopping finished. Now to get the presents ready to ship off so they will arrive in time for Christmas. My sister had surgery this afternoon in AZ. My niece just messaged me that she was now in my sister's hospital room and that all appeared well...no contact with the/a doctor yet...so don't know any details about how the surgery went. Well, off to do "something" for Christmas...after all 'tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment