Friday, February 7, 2014

A Cooking Day!

I guess you could say that Woody got "cooked" with his 13th radiation treatment! And, I have cooked most of the day. I had planned to make a pot of soup and also make a "regular" meal for our supper. In the end I only did the "regular" supper (meaning...not soup or a casserole...one in which you have to make more than one thing!) I got a call this morning asking if I would help with a meal for after a funeral. Our church tries to provide a meal following a funeral for those in our church. The funeral was this afternoon. My friend who called said that she was concerned with the amount of food that had been volunteered so far. So I helped fill in a couple of chinks...made a sweet potato casserole and a gelatin salad. I had to run to the grocery store for a couple of things for the gelatin salad. I had everything for the sweet potato casserole. I started cooking the sweet potatoes in the microwave before I left for the store. When I got home I got busy on making both dishes. I delivered the food mid afternoon. By that time I was pretty tired so I took a short rest and then got busy on our supper. We have eaten and the kitchen is sort of cleaned up. I have broth simmering...so my cooking for the evening isn't totally over. I am now heading down to watch the Olympics. When I came upstairs, the picture on the TV was great for NBC. So happy that NBC increased its signal and now we can get that channel too...mostly happy for the Olympics! Now I will go see if my back can stand not being in my recliner...my back is feeling the amount that I stood and cooked today. "The Old Gray Mare Ain't What She Used To Be! No truer worda could be said about me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment