Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Doctor Day

It has pretty much literally been a total doctor day for Woody! He had his 20th radiation treatment this morning and then had a CT scan. The radiologist is going to evaluate the scan/s and then call with plans for what they say will be six more radiology treatments. Woody's appointment for tomorrow has been moved to late afternoon...I guess so they can evaluate "things." Woody doesn't feel the greatest today...his shoulder is bothering him. Just what he needed when we had to go to our personal care physician's today to have a Medicare check-up. We left the house a little before noon and didn't walk into the house till 4:30pm. The drive is 45min. there and 45 min. back. (I offered to drive, but he said that he would...I wanted to get some practice with the new car...oh, well, another time!) It did take almost an hour for each of us to go through all the questions they had for us. We did stop on the way home and have a late lunch. A long afternoon. We were both glad to get back to the house! They are concerned about my blood pressure...I'm hoping to prove it to be white coat syndrome. I will be good and check twice a day and write down what the readings are. I think that it will go right back down. I know that a doctor once put me on blood pressure medication and then it went way low...so we will see. Woody's blood pressure which is usually high was exactly where it is supposed to be. Guess that is good...he doesn't need anything else to be wrong with him!!!! Well, down to collapse and watch a bit of Olympics. The only thing I accomplished today was getting Graham, Abigail, Joy, Esther, Elijah, and Isaac's school pictures for this year in their frames! Oh, and, I did take empty wastebaskets and take out the garbage. Wishing that I had the whole afternoon to have worked around the house rather than spend it at the doctor's! As you can see by tonight's picture, it was a pretty day...pretty nice temperatures too...in the 60's! I do believe that Spring is on its way!

No comments:

Post a Comment