Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Busy Wednesday!

Here's a photo of our absorbtion science experiment and art color mixing lesson. I found this lesson idea out in cyberspace somewhere. Some of the things that you find are really neat...especially when it comes to ideas to use with the children. Today Woody headed out for his usual (these days) radiation treatment (11th). He did talk to the doctor and he found out that they could tell by the scan that the radiation is being beamed to the right place. They will continue with the treatments till he reaches 20. They will then scan him again and make a decision if he needs to have five more. Today I started out with both Isaac and Elijah. Having the two of them come at the same time works out great. Elijah chooses some of the equipment that he has had lessons with and does those independently while I have lessons with Isaac. Today Elijah spelled words with the moveable alphabet. Woody was home by the time that I finished with Isaac so I walked Isaac downstairs to have some time with Goosey (Woody). Elijah then read me a Bob Book. He is doing great with his reading! Then he did some math workbook pages. He amazes me so much with how many addition facts he already knows just from hanging out with his older siblings! Esther came over next to have her long Grammy time. Today she read and then worked some more on her cross stitch project. She is getting really close to finishing it. Joy came after Esther for her long Grammy time. She read to me and then she started making a pillow. She found some fabric in my stash a while back and decided that she wanted to make a pillow with it. We got the fabric pressed today and then she started machine sewing narrow strips of fabric around a square panel. After Joy headed home, I grabbed a quick bite of lunch and then did some library work that I needed to do before I headed to the church library to work there. Off to the church library I headed after that to work with fellow library workers. We got a lot done...including making some decisions for purchasing some new books (a really fun part of the library work...new books!). When I got home, I "had" to run next door to get a few pics of Joseph on his second week birthday! THEN it was time to head to my trusty recliner where I proceded to rest weary eyes and body for probably too long. Woody has graced his recliner for most of the day after his radiation treatments. He doesn't have a lot of extra energy these days...good time for reading and TV/DVD watching! Olympics begin tomorrow...AND, we found out that we can now get NBC with our antenna...so hopefully we will be able to see some of the Olympics...Winter Olympics are my favorite! Here's a picture of two-week-old Joseph. He's thinking over what it feels like to be two weeks old...trying to decide what to tell us! (I did sneak in a little holding time during this photo session!)

No comments:

Post a Comment