Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Busyness!

Today has passed in a whir for me. Woody headed out bright and early for his 15th radiation treatment. Then he immediately headed for another doctor appointment. Woody has such interrupted sleep at night and has gone through about every scenario that might be causing it, so he decided that he needed to see a doctor at a sleep clinic to see if he has sleep apnea. He has an appointment to sleep at the clinic toward the end of the week! I can't imagine being able to sleep under such circumstances, but we will see if he can! I started out reading with Esther and then Joy. Then the four oldest gathered in the school room to have art. We first did an experiment using Valentine candy conversation hearts and then got busy on our Valentine art project. We did tessellation pictures (tiled shapes that fit together as in tile patterns that are used on floors...a pattern that could go on forever without any gaps...learn something?). Today we used a "squared-off" heart and made a pattern with it that covered the whole piece of paper. Then they colored the hearts in any pattern that they chose. Elijah arrived as the art hour was over. We then trudged over to their house where they got back to work on their school work. Elijah read his Bob book to me over a his house today. I headed over there because the two littlest boys were going to the doctor for a well-check. They checked out healthy, wealthy and wise! Both doing very well. Joseph now weighs 7 1/2 lbs...still just a "little bitty!" He seems to be such a very contented baby. Isaac did above and beyond what the doctor asked of him...he was just supposed to point to pictures that she asked about...instead he named the pictures. When they got home from their appointment, I headed home after I spent a little time with Isaac! He "needed" to do puzzles on my iPad before I left...and before he ate lunch! I ate a bite of lunch and then collapsed upstairs in the recliner for what I meant to be a short time...but ended up sleeping soundly enough that I even had a dream...that I remembered! When I woke up I found that Woody had made chili for our supper. And, I just finished cleaning up the kitchen. Graham is over here for a little while. He has read a chapter in his Cronicles of Narnia book and is now about to watch the Olympics till his family gets home. And, now I'm off to watch the Olympics for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment