Thursday, February 20, 2014

Soup Kitchen

Pictured are most of the ingredients that end up making a delicious soup--Ham and Barley Soup. I spent the morning doing some cleaning...mostly in the kitchen and then this afternoon after I rested a while (read that as talk on the cell phone with my sister), I got underway making the soup. It takes a while so we had a late supper...and, I guess Woody got tired of waiting as he was sound asleep in his recliner when it was finished...so he really had a late supper. I came in to blog at my usual time, but we didn't have internet so I went downstairs and got interested in the skating on the Olympics...then we had the tornado warning signal go off so I waited out the storm downstairs. Upon coming upstairs I see that we have internet once again so I will quickly bring you up to date! Woody went to radiology today, but only had x-rays...no radiation treatment. He will have his next radiation on Monday. We think that he has six more treatments. I guess he will learn that for sure on Monday. I think that he has enjoyed not having to go for his daily treatments. Today he walked what he calls his "short four-mile" route. I think that our threatening weather has passed...just rain left behind the line of heavy storms that passed quickly through...some at 60 miles an hour. There was a report of a tornado on the ground in the county just below us...we practically live on that county's line...so don't know how close it was. I'm sure that we will get reports tomorrow. My cell phone was beeping that I had a message when I got back upstairs...it was an urgent message...warning that we should take immediate cover. That was a first for a message of that kind for me. Of course, I didn't get the message till after the fact! But the TV kept us up to date as to where the storm was. We watch Huntsville, AL TV and the storms travel from them up to us...most times. They kept breaking into the Olympic coverage to keep us up to date on what was happening. Tullahoma's storm warning siren went off and not long after that we were told on the TV that there was a tornado on the ground in the county next to us...so we were well warned. Off to listen to the rain on the roof and rumbling thunder in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment