Monday, February 24, 2014

Respite Over

Woody's radiation respite ended today. He went back for his 21st treatment late this morning. Today's and the next five radiation treatments are being aimed at a smaller area at a slightly higher intensity. I guess if all goes as planned he will be through with radiation next Monday...that will be treatment 26 (if I have counted correctly). I had school with Isaac and Elijah. Before their session was over Esther rode her new bike over and joined us in the school room. They all three enjoyed working with the Montessori equipment. Esther read from her school reader after that. Then Joy came over and read from her reader. Graham came over and did some research on metal detectors. Then he read to me from the current book that he is reading...one of the books from the Chronicles of Narnia series. After lunch I had to get in the right mind-set to visit the dentist. I have been having some tooth pain and decided that I had better go get it seen and find out the "bad" news as to what needed to be done. Well, it looks like there is a root canal in my near future...trying to block that out of my mind at the moment! And, the tooth has quit hurting so perhaps I can totally forget about it till that appointment. As I left for the dentist, Woody headed next door to take care of six of the seven children as Kathy and Nathan had an appointment. Later in the afternoon Elijah came over wondering when the K'nex could come out again. So I brought the set that he works with back into the living room. Later Esther and then Joy joined him and at the moment there is once again a "K'nex explosion" in my living room...from Christmas decorations to K'nex decorations! I made Mediterranean Tuna Salad for our supper. I think that it is supposed to be getting cold once again...so guess we'll be wanting soup once again...I'm ready for Spring temperatures to come and stay for a while! But we have been enjoying the bit warmer temperatures when they show up even for a short time!

No comments:

Post a Comment