Tuesday, February 4, 2014

What a Day!

Tonight's photo was taken on our last trip to NIH. These are some of the smoke stacks at the Clinch River Nuclear Plant near Oak Ridge, TN which was scrapped years ago before it was ever functioning. It is now being revived as can be witnessed by the smoke rising from some of the stacks. As we travel past these stacks, it is always a challenge for me to try to get a photo. This time I actually managed to get quite a few of the smoke stacks in each of these pictures. The second one was taken after we passed them. I turned and shot out the back seat passenger window on the driver's side of the car. I was trying to decide what to use for tonight's photo and decided to look back the photos that I take out the windows of the car when on our trips to NIH. Perhaps I was drawn to them as we should be heading NIH way right now...but aren't because of our change in plans and Woody being worked in earlier due to the melanoma tumor on his leg. Looking at the weather, it seems that we can be glad that the trip was when it was and that we aren't having to deal with the snow storms. Woody had a very long morning...having his 10th radiation treatment, being scanned and going to the hospital to have blood work done. He also made a quick stop at the grocery store as he got home the other day without one of the items that he had bought. So he went back to "retrieve" it today! He left this morning before 8am and didn't return till after 12pm. This morning was very tiring for him. He definitely tires easily these days...whether the doctor says he should or not...I am sure that this radiation is zapping his energy! I had lessons with Isaac and then Elijah this morning. Esther came over and read and then it was art lesson day for the four oldest. We did a science experiment today during art...it was a lesson in color mixing...but really a lesson in absorbtion...pretty neat! I guess that could have been my picture, but I didn't think of that till just now! We also did a simple Valentine project. Then Abigail had her "Grammy time." She decided that she wanted to make something for Joseph. So we did the initial planning for her to machine embroider a design on a onsie for him. After she headed home, I was shutting off lights and went to shut off the light in the upstairs bathroom and realized that a little munchkin hadn't flushed the potty...so I flushed it and headed downstairs to make me a sandwich. Well, I wasn't downstairs long, but when I came up the stairs I heard water running. Well...the potty was running over!!!! What a mess...luckily this bathroom is over the garage as it did leak through the ceiling. There is carpet in the bathroom so I sopped up water with towels for what seemed like forever. I'm sure that the floor is still damp. I have one load of towels in the drier and another in the washer. What a mess! That definitely did me in for the afternoon! I finally had enough energy to fix dinner after five tonight so we ate much later than usual. Graham has spent the evening with us reading and keeping me company! He just headed home. I am about to head to my recliner and attempt to finish a book...hopefully I won't fall asleep, but...

No comments:

Post a Comment