Saturday, February 8, 2014

"Because of the thief"

I was trying to decide what picture would go with tonight's blog title and remembered that the Blue Jay's call sounds like "thief, thief!" This morning Elijah popped in the door around 11am. And, I said to him, "It's been a long time since we have seen you." He came back with, "because of the thief!" It took me a minute and then I realized what he was referring to. Earlier in the week there was a bank robbery down the street from us. For a while both our households were a bit more cautious of locking our doors till we read that the robber had been captured. Yesterday, the police did arrest the person they think did the robbery. So I guess that Elijah thought that the reason he hadn't been able to come over was because of the robber/thief that was "at large!" The real reason was that Kathy's parents were here and they were all spending time with them. Her parents left this morning and thus Elijah was given permission to come our way. But his mind was focused on the thief as the reason that he hadn't been over to our house! I then suggested that he go in to see his grandfather before he started playing...he looked at me really funny. I asked him if he knew who his grandfather was and he shook his head "no." He had never heard Goosey referred to as grandfather. Woody is his Goosey and not his grandfather! I did explain to him that "grandfather" and "grandmother" were general terms used for grandparents, but that children called their grandparents various names like "grammy" and "goosey." When we walked in to see Woody. I said to Woody, "Look what the cat dragged in!" Elijah started looking around to see what the cat had dragged in! Elijah keeps us smiling...always...and, I guess Grammy confused him a bit this morning! Woody had a quiet day. He went to the library this morning and then has mostly sat in his recliner or reclined on the couch most of the rest of the day. I made the soup that I had planned to make yesterday...New England Clam Chowder...really good! We enjoyed that for a late lunch. I spent a lot of time this morning and afternoon filling the dishwasher (multiple times) and hand washing what didn't fit or isn't dishwasher safe. At the moment the kitchen is cleaned up except for putting away a few dishes in the dish drainer. I have a load of wash in the drier that will soon be ready to put away. I did sit down and watch some of the Olympics this afternoon and plan to head down and watch for a while this evening. I'm afraid that if I sit my eyes will close!

No comments:

Post a Comment