Friday, February 21, 2014

Treasure Hunters

I took these photos out our back sunroom windows...so not the sharpest of photos as the children were walking toward me and didn't know that I was snapping pictures of them...but I think that you get the idea. Graham's birthday is next week and Goosey (Woody) thought that he would enjoy a metal detector. Goosey talked Graham into opening up our gift early...wasn't all that hard to talk him into it! I think that the real reason that Goosey wanted to give it to him early was so he wouldn't have to wrap that big box! Once Graham got it all put together, a bunch of them headed to the "back forty," our term for the lot behind our house that Nathan and Kathy own, to look for buried treasures. Once they got finished with school today several of them were back out seeking treasure again. Woody has hidden a coin or two somewhere on our properties and they have still to find where the hiding place/s might be! They want a hint! But Goosey says that they don't need a hint since they have a metal detector. I woke up way too early this morning. I read for a while before finally talking myself into getting up. I have felt lazy all day. I did manage to machine embroider a cute design on a little onsie for little Joseph. And,I made cornbread this evening to go with the soup I made yesterday. Woody completed our IRS tax forms today and walked to the Post Office to mail them. Right now he is next door watching two or maybe more of the neighbor grandchildren. Isaac wanted "Honk Honk" to come over and play with play dough with him! Because Goosey honks (like a Goose) at the children several of them have called him "Honk, Honk" before they eventually dub him "Goosey." Kathy needed to "deliver" Graham to the church for a youth event and then she needed to run an errand.

No comments:

Post a Comment