Saturday, July 5, 2014

Ever Have a Bad Hair Day?


 The poor camels at the St. Louis zoo were looking pretty rough.  It is that time of the year that they shed their coats due to the heat.  And Mama Camel was really having a bad hair day! But it looks like Presley, her baby, doesn't like me talking about his mama this way! Presley was just a few weeks old.  His daddy (not present) is Elvis...thus the reason for Presley's name! I asked where Elvis was and they said that he was separated from mama and baby for the time being so he couldn't/wouldn't hurt the baby.  I neglected to get mama's or the other adult camel's name.
Woody didn't walk early this morning.  He waited and walked to and from the library this morning.  After returning from the library he went to do our Saturday grocery shopping at Walmart.  I got up and headed down determined to do a couple of cleaning jobs in the kitchen.  The first job that I wanted to do was clean the kitchen sink.  Well, in order to do that I needed to put away the dishes that were in the drainer that is in one side of our sink.  The first item that I picked up was the griddle.  Well, it goes on top of the microwave and I thought that since it was off the top of the microwave that this was a good time to wipe off the top of the microwave...and thus went my cleaning in the kitchen...one thing lead to another and my kitchen sink never got cleaned until 3pm!  But I do have a cleaner microwave...because, of course, I needed to clean the inside since I was cleaning the outside.  I also have a cleaner stove top...since it is right next to the microwave...and I have a much cleaner stove hood...now at that I hang my head.  I was wiping off the outside of the hood and decided that I would swipe up inside of the hood.  Well, there is this little tab on the "screen" that is up under the hood.  Now, I had never noticed that tab before...or at least never thought much about it.  So I decided that I should look up on the internet and see if I was "supposed" to pull on that little tab...and "if" I did "what would happen!"  So I found out that this is a washable screen...ummmmm...and it said on the iternet that it should be washed at least every six months...hanging head...should I confess how long we have lived in this house?!?  Well, shhhhhhhhhhh, but it will be 30 years in October!!!!! Well, I decided that it was high time that I pull on that little tab and take that screen down and see about cleaning it...either that or about replacing it!  Well, after soaking in our bathtub (the screen...not me) in hot water, dishwashing liquid and finally adding some ammonia, I can say that it does look much better!  Coming to my defense...I hadn't had a stove with a hood prior to living here and it was here when I came so I really didn't know how to take care of one and really never thought about until today!  Well, now I know. And, once I got it cleaned I could read that our hood filter screen is supposed to be washed every month.  Woody also changed our air conditioning air return filters today...something else that is "supposed" to be changed once a month...at least I can say that it hasn't been 30+ years since they were changed.  I can actually remember when we last changed the air filters!  I will try to be better now that I know what I am supposed to do.  I am also supposed to change/wash the filter in my vacuum cleaner every month...maybe I should do that today also so they will all be on the same day!  Going back to the kitchen cleaning...I also cleaned the outside of the oven...the inside can wait for another day.  I knew that "if" I was ever going to get to the sink that I needed to stop having one job lead to another (and, it wasn't hard for me to stop with the inside of the oven!) So at that point long after lunch I finally got to the kitchen sink...which I had intended to clean from the start of my day.  After the sink, I stopped cleaning and have hardly moved the rest of the afternoon until I got up from my chair to come in here to blog. While I kept having one job lead to another one inside the house, Woody made several more passes of mowing some more on his "Golden Gate Bridge project"...our yard.  I guess you can say that we are a little cleaner around here and the grass is a little shorter after Woody's and my efforts of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment