Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July Is Here!

Woody started out July with a four-mile walk.  Then a little before 8am we were in the car heading to McMinnville for a doctor appointment for Woody.  He needed to get his high blood pressure addressed.  The medication that he is taking doesn't seem to be lowering it enough.  It was decided that he would take more of one that he is taking so we will see if that helps.  On our way home we stopped and bought a paint brush so Woody could take care of our graffiti door.  He started painting it almost as soon as we got home.  It won't have people stopping wondering if we had been vandalized. It is once again a blue door.  After lunch, Kathy, Esther and I (and Elijah came along for the ride!) went to the shoe store to Esther some new tennis shoes.  The ones that she ended up choosing are quite colorful.  I drove the neighbor Dorrell's home and then I went on to run a couple of errands.  Quite a day for me!  I came home and finished cooking our supper that I had started before lunch.  We ate and then I collapsed in "my chair" and dozed off about as soon as I sat down.  Woody had planned to harvest our garlic today...but Peter Rabbit (Elijah) had other plans than to help Mr. McGreggor (Woody)...maybe tomorrow.  July started off like a fire cracker...quite hot...one time, when I checked, our car thermometer read 92...so guess the heat arrived along with July.  I guess we can say that we are in the downhill slide toward the end of the year now!  I cannot believe that one half of the year is behind us already...as the saying goes...time flies when you are having fun (and, I add...and even when you're not!)!  Happy July 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment