Monday, July 21, 2014

We're Just Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along

Woody got up early and walked six miles.  I have been puttering around in the kitchen for a good part of the day.  This morning I made a marinated salad and then cleaned up the kitchen.  Then this afternoon I messed up the kitchen again to fix our supper and had to clean it up again.  One of my friends was cleaning out a closet and found a box of dishes that she was no longer using.  She remembered that we have the same pattern so she gave them to me.  I have been finding a home for them among my collection.  Several of the pieces we didn't have...very nice to add two different size platters and a divided vegetable bowl.  A bit of rearranging and they are put away.  I still have several other pieces that I have to find places to store them.  These dishes are the ones that we chose/registered for when we got married.  They are Poppytrail La Mancha Gold by Metlox.  My maid-of-honor questioned my choice as they are a bold color and she wondered if we would get tired of them.  But I still love them as much today as when we chose them 45 years ago!  They are not fine china but a heavy pottery and they have held up very well over the years.  Oh, and, I got back to cleaning out cabinets again...over the weekend I worked on one of the lower cabinets (the hardest for me to get to these days!).  Maybe now that I am feeling better I will get the rest of them cleaned out. Woody continues to feel fine with no known side effects from the first infusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment