Thursday, July 17, 2014

Thursday...For Sure?

Rather a lazy day around here...enjoying the cooler temperatures.  Woody once again put off his daily walk (four miles today) till mid morning...waiting for the temperature to rise a bit.  I don't think that it ever got to 80 here today...unusual for mid July! We'll enjoy it while we can! I made a blueberry dessert this morning.  Then I just worked on getting some things organized.  I have filed some papers and unfiled (as in putting them in file 13).  At least the stack of papers that I have been going through has grown much smaller...and a couple of surfaces can once again be seen...a good feeling.  A little while ago, Woody said that he would see me later.  I asked him where he was going and he said the prayer room.  That got me confused for a few seconds but then I quickly pointed out to him that it was Thursday and not Tuesday.   His week is a bit turned around since he didn't go to the prayer room on Tuesday due to his long Vanderbilt day.  He reeled himself back in and has settled into the family room to watch a movie DVD from the public library.  Today would have been my mother's 102nd birthday.  I think that she would have liked these flowers that are now blooming in a barrel out back. Esther and Goosey (Woody) sowed the seeds for them back in early spring.  They are on a really tall stem.  I ended up taking them through a back window as that put me level with the blooms. The last I checked there still weren't appointments posted for Woody in 3 weeks at Vanderbilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment