Thursday, July 24, 2014

Special Time With Esther!

It's Esther's turn for a sleepover.  She is finally cashing in the coupon that she got in one of her Easter eggs for a sleepover at Grammy and Goosey's.  I think that she is having fun.  She arrived around 2pm and she has been busy ever since.  She took her things to the guest room and showed me what she had packed  and then we read a couple of stories.  Next we got out her Aunt Melany's Sunshine Family nursery set...someething that she hadn't played with before.  She had fun with that for a while. We even fixed the elastic in the baby's outfit and in the daddy's trousers. A snack was in order after that...yummy fresh cherries and some slices of fresh peach.  Then it was back upstairs to Goosey's (Woody's) and my bedroom and she decided that it would be fun to play with some of my jewelry.  In getting into one of the drawers in my dresser looking for more jewelry,  I found my above-the-elbow (to-the-top-of-her-arm!) gloves.  And she had fun with those.  Before we knew it it was time to get supper ready and I had a very willing helper to make one of her favorites...mac and cheese.  She helped set the table and then we got down to business of eating her yummy cooking along with a couple of things that I had prepared ahead of time.  After supper she entertained us with various scenes from the movie, Frozen!  She about knows it by heart...songs and dialogues!  Then she willingly played in the dishwater for a while and washed dishes for us.  She and Goosey are now playing a game of Monopoly. And, I'm blogging and resting a bit!  Won't be long till it will be story time.

Woody walked eight miles early this morning.  I got up and made a gelatin salad for tonight's supper and did a lick and a promise vacuuming job throughout the house.  Then I ate lunch and then we were ready for Esther to come over whenever she was ready.  The picture in the top left corner of the collage is when she popped into the house and proclaimed, "I'm ready!"

No comments:

Post a Comment