Friday, July 11, 2014

Moooooooooooooooooooooo!

This herd of a new breed:  "Dorrell Breed Cattle" headed off to Tullahoma's Chick Fil A a little while ago.  It is Cow Appreciation Day there and anyone dressed like a cow gets a free meal.  I stayed at their house with Joseph while they steered their way across town!  I took pictures of Joseph while he played on the floor.  And then we rocked and talked for a while. He likes to bicycle with his legs.  Oh, and, he is ambidextrous...he can suck either thumb!

Woody got up and walked four miles early this morning.  And later in the morning he went on an errand--we needed some more tomatoes. Tomatoes are so good at this time of the year.  I walked around the yard this morning taking pictures of various and sundry things...got quite a few of the veggies growing in the neighbor Dorrell's gardens...their tomatoes are starting to get red.  I got well eaten by mosquitoes...this time I tried apple cider vinegar which had been recommended to repel mosquitoes...once again...not OUR mosquitoes! I have another concoction recommended to try...just not sure that I can find some of  the ingredients in Tullahoma.  I spotted a hummingbird at the feeder that Erin made food for yesterday...didn't take long for the feeder to be discovered.  I went out to attempt to get a picture of one at the feeder but no luck today.  Woody joined me on the front porch and we both were found by the mosquitoes.  One of our friends stopped by with a bag of fresh blueberries.  Yum!  Recipes for blueberries are floating through my head...now to decide what ingredients need to be added to the grocery list.

No comments:

Post a Comment