Monday, August 18, 2014

2.16" = 100%

Math problem of the day: 2.16" of rain today (since midnight) = 100% humidity outside right now...and it's not raining...though it looks like there might be more rain on the way.  I didn't have the best night's sleep due to storms and the weather alert on my phone going off due to a flash flood watch and/or warning.  I thought about shutting off the warnings on my phone at one point!  But, then if it had been a tornado warning I would have been glad to be awakened.  I wanted to check radar online, but my iPad wasn't online.  I figured that the internet was off due to the weather.  Some time after the two alerts that I got on our phone our laptop (in the room next to ours) started chirping like a cricket and that is a warning from Weather Bug.  So at that point I realized that we were online or I wouldn't be getting the warning.  By that time I was awake so I fiddled around with the iPad and finally got it back online.  So my day started much earlier than I would have liked.  While I was reading with Graham after lunch, Kathy called to tell us that a cicada was coming out of its "shell."  We didn't go over right then, but after Elijah finished up with his Grammy K'nex building time, he showed me where the cicada had hatched.  I've never gotten a picture of the cicada right next to its shell before.  To think that big "thing" came out of that small shell! I had a usual Monday school day this morning and then my two usual Monday pupils after lunch.  Abigail got underway with the dress that she is going to make during her Grammy sewing time.  She got the skirt pieces cut out and serged around the edges of the two skirt pieces.  I am going to replace the red fabric that we bought the other day for the top of the dress, as after doing everything that I knew to do, it was still "bleeding" after three washes and rinses.

Woody didn't get up as early today as some days...a dark rainy morning...a good one to sleep in a bit!  He went walking mid morning and walked four miles.  The rest of his day has been occupied with crossword puzzles, reading, and watching a bit of TV.  I "told" myself that I would start cutting out a blouse today, but...I am pretty "played-out" at this point in the day!  I have managed to get the pattern tissues out of the pattern envelope...but they are still folded up as they were when in the pattern envelope!  I "may" read through the direction pages and then, again, I may not have enough energy even to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment