Monday, August 4, 2014

School's In!

And, so the 2014-2015 school year is underway for the Dorrell's!  This year Isaac continues in preschool, Elijah is in kindergarten, Esther is in 2nd grade, Joy is in 4th grade, Abigail is in 5th grade, and Graham is in 7th grade (at least I think I have all those grades right!).  It was a busy morning and part of the afternoon.  Some read to me (Esther, Joy, and Graham), some had Montessori lessons (Isaac and Elijah), and some had their special Grammy time (Abigail sewed and Elijah had K'nex building time).  I was pretty ready for "my" chair when Elijah headed home!  Woody slept in a bit later than usual so took his four-mile walk mid morning.  The Hasty's stopped by about an hour after school was over for me...they had baby Frosties for us and the neighbors and I also took a picture of them with their grandchildren for a possible Christmas photo.  When Graham got through with his school, he came over to finish up a rocket that he had been making with K'nex.  While he was doing that we got to discussing what he could wear to a 70's themed youth night at church on Wednesday.  So his mommy is attempting to make him a wig and I am turning a pair of his jeans into bell bottoms!  He plans to make a peace symbol and wear a tie dyed shirt.  Hope that fits the bill!  So a busy day was had by all.  The children all seemed to happily roll back into school mode.  We will be heading to Vanderbilt in the morning for Woody to have labs, see someone in the clinic, and then have his second infusion if all is well with his labs.  So a busy non-school day on the horizon for tomorrow. Now I am off to work on these bell bottom pants!  Peace! (Trying to get into a 70's groove!)

No comments:

Post a Comment