Saturday, August 9, 2014

Sleepy Saturday

Woody got up and walked four miles this morning.  Then later in the morning he did our weekly Walmart shopping and made his stop at the library.  Guess it was good that he went to Walmart early this morning as they had to evacuate our Walmart this afternoon due to a bomb scare. Yes...even in sleepy little Tullahoma!  Last I heard, Walmart had reopened, but it was closed for several hours.  I got up thinking that I was going to sew, but instead looked at the fabric and the patterns a little more and then went downstairs to do a little cooking for the weekend.  I ended up making a new casserole from a cookbook that we got as a wedding present.  Several of us on Facebook this week had been discussing that cookbook.  That discussion got me looking through it and I found a recipe that we had never tried...Hominy Ground Beef Casserole.  I made a few adaptations...including making my own condensed tomato soup instead of using canned.  It came out really yummy.  Woody asked if we were having it for lunch and I told him we would as long as there was enough left for tomorrow's lunch!  Leftovers are in the fridge ready to warm up after church tomorrow.  I typed these recipes into my iPad after lunch.  Sometime after that Nathan and Graham came over.  Graham was needing a place to "crash" while his family went to do a gig.  Graham went to a "sleepover" last night that turned into a "wakeover" as he and his friends attempted to stay awake all night.  After he got here, he ate a bowl of ice cream and then went upstairs and we haven't seen him since.  I believe that our whole house did a bit of dozing this afternoon...Woody and I both had a bit of a nap at one point or another this afternoon.  I finally found enough energy to open up one of the patterns that I want to make and found the pieces of the pattern that I needed and have pressed out the wrinkles in those pieces.  So a step closer to getting back to sewing something for myself. Woody has read, watched a DVD or two from the library and taken it easy this afternoon and evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment