Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wednesday



We have pretty much gone back to a "normal" day...walks, school, church library, grocery store.  Woody went back to his routine of walking early...trying to beat the August heat. (And it did get hot here today...my car and also a thermometer reading on a bank sign both read 91 degrees as I headed home from the library.) Woody walked four miles and was home before school started for me.  Then as usual for a Wednesday the schedule went as follows: Isaac, then Elijah, then Abigail, then Joy and then Esther and Graham arrived at the same time...Esther for her time with me and Graham for his time with Goosey (Woody).  Esther split her time with me up between cross stitching and machine sewing.  She is trying to finish the bookmark that she is cross stitiching...a hang-over project from the end of the last school year.  Graham headed to his school spot in the family room and got to work on learning more about some of the elements...still studying copper but also studied some about other metals as he was working with coins today.  After lunch, we both planned to head off...me to the library and Woody to the grocery store.  Our leaving got delayed a bit as some of the sewer/road work was happening right at the base of our driveway...so we were blocked in for a bit.  Finally the truck and workers completed what they were doing and Woody and I escaped our driveway before it could be blocked again.  While we were in Nashville they did some work on the places that they had torn up and filled with gravel during the sewer work.  It looks like we may get a new surface on our street.  What a mess our town is at the moment with work trucks everywhere...never know where there will be a road block and/or a detour.  I went to the church library and worked.  Once again Donna and I managed to keep busy for the couple of hours that we were there...library work is never done!  Woody headed off to do his weekly Krogering.  Because I wasn't home he got to also do the job of putting away most of the groceries.  He left a couple of things for me to put away...nice of him!  I was so tired when I got home that I headed to "my" chair.  I was going to rest and catch up on emails, etc. Well...it wasn't long till my eyes closed and I slept hard till just a little while ago. Oops!  Wonder what that will do to how sleepy I am when I should be going to sleep tonight...since that time is only a few hours away.

No comments:

Post a Comment