Saturday, August 23, 2014

Plumb Tuckered Out!

Woody got up and walked four miles this morning...beating the heat, but probably not the humidity. Today has been quite hot and humid.  Woody did his usual Saturday errands...today grocery stops at two stores and the library.  Elijah popped in this morning all ready to sew on some more buttons!  He has now learned how to sew two-hole and four-hole buttons.  Goosey has a pair of pants that need a button sewn on...so perhaps he will do that the next time that he comes over looking for a sewing "job."  Isaac came over with his mommy and Joseph.  And, when Elijah, Joseph and Mommy left, Isaac stayed.  He hung out in the school room for a while, then in the sewing room while I did a little sewing, and then he went downstairs and played with play-doh while I worked a bit in the kitchen.  I have just found one of his most prized possessions here in the sewing room when I came in to blog--his blankie!!!!! Uh-oh!  Not good...I keep telling him not to bring his blankie over to Grammy and Goosey's house!  They are away at the moment or I would get it him ASAP!  They will be back in a while.  I'm sure that they will bee-line it over here if he hasn't already fallen asleep!

After lunch I headed out to do some shopping...something that I rarely do these days and now I know why! I had a list that involved stops at three stores.  I got caught in a rainstorm while at JoAnn's so stayed there longer than I needed to waiting out the heavy downpour.  Then I headed on to Lowe's where I needed one item, but figured that I might as well look at "things" that I might want to go in our kitchen, if and when we decide to remodel it!  I looked at stove-tops, counter-tops, flooring, and paint colors (didn't look at ovens or sinks).  I wrote down a lot of info so I can check about some of the items online.  Then it was on to Walmart...oh, my...on a Saturday afternoon no less (definitely not too bright of me)!  But I found most of the rest of the items on my list and then was on my way home.  By that time I was exhausted and I could hear "my" recliner calling my name long before I got home!  I got my purchases in the house and then headed straight to sit for a while.  I did manage to get things that I bought put away and the fabric that I bought into the wash (and now in the drier).  I did doze for a little while and now feel much better.  My back was not very happy with my excursion and was trying to "catch" the way it does sometimes...but I do think that my rest has helped.  I probably won't be doing much sewing tonight...though I have gotten underway with the shirt that I am making...so progress, though slow.

I'm late blogging as the internet was acting up...probably because of the rain.  I probably had better post this before it decides to go out again!  And, I think that perhaps as soon as I go down and turn on the dishwasher and get my fabric out of the drier that I will head back to "my" recliner!  Woody is watching DVD's that he got at the library this morning.  A typical low-key Saturday evening at our house! Such an exciting household...not!

No comments:

Post a Comment