Thursday, August 28, 2014

Zeroing in on the Weekend

Thursday means the kick-start to my weekend since this is my last day of teaching for the week. By not teaching on Friday, it seems like I have two Saturdays!  Just think...today finished four weeks of school!  The children are doing great with what they do with me.  I love to watch children in the learning process.  It is fun to look back to the beginning of the school year and see how much they have already learned in this short period of time.  Woody, again, walked early to beat the heat.  He walked four miles.  School went as scheduled.  After my last pupil left, I headed upstairs to sit for a while...I can actually say that I didn't sleep...just sat and relaxed for a little while.  Then I headed downstairs to do some food preparation work for some recipes that I plan to make tomorrow and/or Saturday.  As soon as I blog, I will head downstairs to take the chicken stock off the burner that has been simmering for a couple of hours.  One of the recipes that I plan to make called for chicken stock and we were out...so I used the bones from the chicken that I skinned and deboned (part of my food prep).  I will get the chicken stock in the fridge and get dishes in the dishwasher and get the dishwasher running once it is after 8pm (when peek hours go down), then the kitchen is closing for the night!  

No comments:

Post a Comment