Thursday, August 7, 2014

89 Degree Activity

What would you do if it was 89 degrees outside and you had just built a fire pit the day before?  Build a fire in the fire pit of course!  Yesterday Graham and his daddy built the fire pit and today they tried it out.  Everyone seemed to approve...especially when the graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate (and for some peanut butter) were introduced into the scene to make S'mores.  Even Woody and I were lured over! We sang songs around the fire and told things that we were thankful for along with eating the yummy sweet treat!  It did start cooling off "a bit" before the embers died down.  Toward the end Graham got me to go into the screened-in porch and he attempted to educate me about Lego Star Wars figures with the new book he had just gotten!  I am probably hopeless when it comes to understanding about Star Wars, but he was happy to have an audience to listen to him explain whether said audience understood or not!


My first week of this school year is now behind me.  I only teach four days out of the week.  And, this week only taught three because of Woody's Vandy appt. It went very well...for a first week back.  And, the children and the teachers seem to be settling into a school routine once again.  I was pretty tired when the last pupil went home today...an afternoon nap was very welcome!
  
 Woody went for a four-mile walk before school got underway this morning.  He got back just in time to walk Isaac back home after his school time with me.  This afternoon Woody "kid sat" while Kathy and Nathan took Joseph to the doctor.  Then we all enjoyed the neighbor Dorrell's family night around the fire pit on a rather warm night! We are now in for the night.  And...I'm heading for a shower...I'm still hot and a bit smokey smelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment