Friday, August 29, 2014

Food for a Sinking Ship!


When I was searching for a new chicken recipe to make I came across the recipe that I made for our supper tonight: Chicken Lyonnaise.  I found out a bit of history about this recipe as it was a dish served on the Titanic.  Hope that our household isn't a sinking ship!  We really enjoyed it...the recipe is a "keeper."  I did add mushrooms to the sauce as I had them and was hungry for a mushroom sauced chicken dish.  Since "lyonnaise" means "with onions" and I put plenty of onions in the sauce, I figured that it wouldn't hurt if I added some mushrooms too.  The original recipe called for skinless, boneless chicken breasts, but there was an option to make it with skinless, boneless chicken thighs.  Since we had the chicken thighs I went with that option. I'm sure that the Titanic chefs used chicken breasts!

Woody got up early and walked six miles trying to beat the August heat that has settled in upon us.  I headed off this morning to meet up with a friend.  She was picking up the pictures that she had made using two of my bird photos.  They were done as wrapped canvases.  They both turned out great!  I then went to her house so I could see where she planned to hang them.  We had a nice visit.  I came home and had lunch and then rested for a while this afternoon.  Just before I started cooking our supper, I got a call that Janie's Sewing Center was ready to have me bring my machine in to have a couple of things tweaked on it.  So I headed off there, dropped my machine off and, of course, had to visit for a few minutes with them.  After I got home I fixed our supper. I cooked to all sorts of  Star War's sounds coming from the family room as Nathan, Graham and Elijah came over to watch one of the Star War movies on our TV.  They didn't quite finish watching it before supper time so they came back to finish watching it after supper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment