Saturday, August 30, 2014

It's Raining! It's Pouring!

As the evening has settled in, so has the rain.   And, every so often there is a rumble of thunder.  I just looked at radar and we are pretty much covered up with rain...and it looks like it will be with us for a while.  Woody got up this morning and walked six miles.  Then later in the morning he went to the library and also to the grocery store...normally this is just a Walmart day for him, but because we were getting things for our Labor Day "feast," he also went to Kroger.  I got up and got my baked beans ready for the oven.  Finished up the rest of the preparations after Woody got home from the grocery store with a couple of items that I needed before I could complete them.  They baked for quite a while.  I got a call from Janie's Sewing Center around lunch time...my machine was ready to be picked up.  I got the machine AND had a nice visit with Janie and Ed.  This afternoon Woody made the slaw for Monday.  He makes a slaw with a cooked dressing (no mayo).  That is in the fridge getting nicely chilled.  I have everything chopped for the potato salad and will get the potatoes cooked and then put the rest of the ingredients together tomorrow after church.  I want it to have plenty of time to chill.  I think that "things" seem to be going right along for Monday's Labor Day feast.  I enjoyed a talk with my sister.  It seems like since school has started we just don't find a good time to talk when both of us are free.  I also talked with a friend who moved away from Tullahoma earlier this year.  A nice kind of day visiting...whether in person or over the phone!  Woody has been helping to keep the kitchen cleaned up from all our cooking messes.  I loaded the dishwasher a few minutes ago and will head down and turn it on after I blog.  Hopefully we will leave the kitchen cleaned up so we can mess it up again tomorrow.  Can you believe that it is Labor Day weekend...already!  This year is really flying by!

No comments:

Post a Comment