Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday Muddlings

Monday has rolled around once again.  We got back into routine after the weekend.  Woody went for his walk a bit later than he likes to in this hot, humid weather.  So he didn't aim for any more than a four-mile walk.  Yesterday he walked six miles in the early morning hours and was back long before it was time to head off to church.  All six my grandpupils filtered through school at Grammy's with Elijah coming twice...for his regular daily school time and then after lunch for his longer Grammy time. I believe that he is loving kindergarten!  Abigail also had her long Grammy time.  She sewed the first seam on her dress and decided on what design to machine embroider on the bodice (that special Grammy time (1 hour) goes by very quickly. Between my morning "classes" and my afternoon ones, I put together a meatloaf and got it in the oven for tonight's supper.  After Elijah went home, I was ready to rest for a while.  Then I got busy once again on the shirt that I'm making.  I'm hoping to have it finished to wear tomorrow.  We head back to Vanderbilt for Woody's third Yervoy (iplimumab) infusion.  It is very cold in most areas at Vandy but especially in the infusion room and this shirt is long sleeved so I would like to wear it to keep warm...even though it will be in the upper 80's tomorrow.  I am ready to put in the sleeves...so there is a possibility that I can get it finished...just a goal that I had set for myself...to have it finished before Woody's next Vandy appt...so would like to meet that goal!  But if I don't...no big deal...I will just find something else that has long sleeves to wear!  Woody has a lab appointment, an appointment with Dr. Sosman--those two are in the morning. And, then his infusion appointment is scheduled in the early afternoon.  Hopefully our day will run like clock-work and we can get away from Vandy at a decent hour!  I'll report in tomorrow night on how the day went...the good Lord willin'.

Today is a very special day for our oldest grandchild, Erin Elizabeth.  It is her birthday and she is now 21...that can NOT be possible.  Where have the years gone?  Having a 21-year-old grandchild makes me feel old!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment