Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Mid-Week...Once Again

This morning I got up with several tasks in mind to complete before we started school.  They were all cooking tasks and I did manage to "almost" get them done before it was Isaac's time for school.  He sat in the kitchen with some of his school work (which ended up being a Fisher Price vintage toy...one that his daddy and Aunt Melany played with) while I finished peeling eggs.  I needed the eggs to be cold for the salad that I was making for tonight's supper.  I also had the rice cooked so it could get cold for the same salad. Then I plumped raisins for the blueberry zucchini bread that Woody planned to make.  Woody got ready to make his zucchini bread and he didn't have enough zucchini or eggs (oops...I got to the eggs before him!).  So he headed off to the grocery store for trip #1 of the day...for eggs and then he stopped at the Farmer's Market to get a zucchini and also a couple of cucumbers.  By the time that he got home Isaac had had his school time and Elijah had started on his time. Abigail came next to read and by  the time that Joy got finished with her reading time the house was smelling pretty good!  Woody said that Joy was pretty joyful when he took one of the loaves of bread over to their house. Esther enjoyed her second lesson sewing on the sewing machine.  I think that she likes that it is faster than hand sewing!  After lunch Woody headed off for his second trip to the grocery store...his weekly Wednesday Krogering  and I headed off for my weekly work time in the church library.  We once again worked hard shifting books from one shelf to another...we're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We are doing this shifting as some of our book shelves were getting overcrowded and we had freed up some space on some of the shelves which will give us some growing space at least for a while.  I had to make a quick stop at the public library on the way home as someone had returned a couple of their books to our library.  When I got home I got busy and put tonight's salad together.  By the time that was finished I was very ready to sit down as my back wasn't very happy with me and was ready to rest and when it starts "catching" I am very ready to head to the recliner.  A short rest and it is already feeling much better.  But I doubt that it needs to do any sewing tonight so I plan to pretty much just rest in my chair and read or watch something on my iPad.  I did get a little more done on my top last night...so slowly but surely it is heading to completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment