Friday, August 15, 2014

Mid-August--Already!

This mockingbird wasn't the neighborhood visitor that got the most attention today.  This afternoon Abigail came in and said that there was a turkey across the street.  Well, it ended up being a turkey vulture...oh, boy...such an ugly bird!  I did get a couple of pictures, but haven't downloaded them from the camera yet.  Woody walked to the library today...a day earlier than usual because he had a book he had requested come in earlier in the week and the library only hold request books for three days.  It was another book for the chemistry studies that Woody is doing with Graham.  They are studying copper, the periodic table, and various and sundry other things.  Graham is enjoying studying with Goosey (Woody). I got up and got ready to get back to sewing my top.  But before I really got underway with it, Abigail came in to arrange the time that we were going to go shopping for the fabric for the dress that she is going to make.  We ended getting into the pattern and seeing if the one that I already had was going to work for her and figuring yardage, etc. that we would need to buy.  I think that it will work with an alteration or two. I then went off to search out the best place for her to find her fabric...since I am so disappointed with our JoAnn's selection.  I found plenty of choices at Janie's Sewing Center (my sewing machine dealership).  A little after lunch Abigail and I sat out on our fabric shopping spree.  She found several things that she liked, then she had the "problem" of deciding which of the fabrics she would use.  The fabric is now ready for me to get it into the wash so it will be ready for her to get started during her sewing time on Monday.  I rested for a while after we got back. And, finally felt like getting back to work on my top, again.  It now just lacks the hems on the sleeves and a little detail work on the side slits on the bottom hem.  It looks like it really will be finished today. Woody has been reading, working crossword puzzles and watching TV and/or DVD's that he got at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment