Friday, February 13, 2015

A Different Kind of Exercise

Today Woody didn't go on a walk due to it still being so cold...so his exercise came in the form of filling out our income tax...good job done for another year. I have sewn or lolled around most of the day. I just didn't seem to have much energy so a good day for finishing up Joseph's outfit. I got the snaps pounded on this morning and then this afternoon got the buttonholes sewn. I still need to cut them open and then sew on the buttons in the correct spot on the straps. This afternoon it worked out well as Abigail came over with Isaac and Joseph about the time that I was finishing sewing the buttonholes, so I was able to pull the overalls on over what Joseph was wearing and can pretty much tell that they fit. While they were on I marked where the buttons need to be sewn. I have started on a project for myself...nothing too exciting...a sweatsuit...but something comfy that I look forward to wearing...especially if the cold lingers and they are now predicting snow for next week. I am taking apart an old pair of sweatpants as I like their style and I haven't been able to find the style I like in the stores...so will use these worn out pants as a pattern. It did get above freezing here today...but still cold! The only time that I went out the door was to take Isaac home this afternoon. They've been doing "once-a-month cooking" next door...smelled delicious when I walked in the door! Kathy and Nathan were both pretty tired after this Herculean task...a month (+ or -) of meals for nine!

No comments:

Post a Comment