Tuesday, February 10, 2015

School, Sew, Soup

Tonight's three-word title come close to summing up my day! We had our usual Tuesday school day...all six cycled through between 8:30 and noon. During that time Woody was transportation for a friend to and from the church prayer room. He decided since he was out and in the vicinity of the church and knowing that no one else was scheduled for that particular time slot, he went on and went to the prayer room. That way he didn't have to walk to prayer room in the cold tonight. I think a wise decision since he still has a "tickle" that is causing a cough. He also got a hair cut at sometime in his time out and about. After lunch I got back to sewing. Joseph's little knit shirt is taking shape. I am ready to put the sleeves in. After lunch Woody went to visit a friend. Mid afternoon I pried myself away from the sewing machine and headed downstairs to make a pot of one of our favorite soups: J. Hatheway's Italian Sausage Soup. We enjoyed that for supper. After I got the soup simmering, I loaded the dishwasher with what it would hold and got it running. Woody has been working on what didn't fit in the dishwasher or wasn't dishwasher safe off and on this afternoon. After I ate, I went back to sewing. Woody watched various newscasts and now has the TV going...but I'm thinking that he is "resting his eyes" more than watching whatever is on TV. Oh, and this afternoon I ordered a new Christmas tree stand...hoping to prevent our large tree from toppling over ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment