Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Shivery Day

"And, how cold is it?" you ask. Well, it is colder than I realized! I just checked Weatherbug and it says that it is 21 and feels like 10...no wonder we have both stayed in today. Woody didn't walk today due to it being so cold and windy. I only had Joy's sewing time today as they went to Nashville to pick up their daddy at the airport...the rest of yesterday's story of them needing to be in several places at once...Nathan at the airport to catch a flight to Wisconsin, Abigail (and her mommy and Joseph) in Nashville for an appointment with her ear doctor (He did suggest another ear surgery for Abigail.), and the rest of us here. Nathan performed at a church last night in Wisconsin and then headed back towards so he could catch a super early flight back to Nashville. They were back home by 10:30. So Joy came on over for her time with me. We completed catching up her sewing notebook today. Now on to the next sewing project whatever that may be. She has an idea of what she wants to do...something that I have no idea as to how to do it...she says she knows how...guess time will tell! It is for a magic trick...guess we'll know if she did it right if the magic trick works! I finished Joseph's knit shirt today...so now just buttonholes, buttons and snaps on the overalls and his outfit will be done. I cooked a turkey breast this afternoon and decided that hot turkey sandwiches sounded good...which meant making mashed potatoes and gravy...a good meal for a cold day! Woody says that the main thing that he has done today is "try to get warm." I think that he has felt cold all day. He did venture out long enough to get our mail...his walk for the day! I just looked and it looks like cold temperatures are here to stay for the next few days. Makes me shiver when I see the temperatures (and, perhaps even snow) that they are predicting for the days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment