Friday, February 6, 2015

This and That Friday

I got up today realizing that I needed to head to the church library this morning if I was going to get done what I needed to do, as the church closes in the afternoon on Fridays. So I did a little library work here at the house and then headed to the church. I needed to get a book processed for someone who wants it Sunday. It had just arrived in the mail earlier in the week and due to Woody's Vandy appointments on Wednesday I didn't get to work in the library as I usually do on Wednesday. I got the book ready and then headed off to pick up a friend and take her to rehab. I sat and read in the waiting room while she had rehab. By the time that I got home it was lunch time. After lunch I got back to working on the overalls for Joseph. They have started taking shape. I am using a pattern from a Finnish magazine...it is printed in English...but everything is in metrics...so this takes a bit more thinking than some patterns that I make. I haven't ever made this one so I am experimenting with how I want to do it...I find that I don't always go along with how they say to do things. Also because these patterns come in a magazine form...30 or so patterns in each magazine...which have to be traced off and seam allowances added, etc...there are lots of patterns and not a lot of space for instructions so instructions are terse and sometimes I have to really think as to just what they are telling me to do...not sure if that is due to terse instructions or if there is a bit lost in translation from Finnish to English. Anyway, I often branch off and do it "my way." I knew from the start that I would adapt this pattern as they sew up the inner leg seam and I want to add snaps to make diaper changing easier...so I had to find the patterns that I have that have good methods to do that. Anyway, I have pretty much quit looking at their directions and time will tell if "my way" will work! But it does take a bit more concentration than some of my sewing does. Woody walked four miles this afternoon. The temperatures rose a bit today, but the wind still makes it feel pretty nippy.

No comments:

Post a Comment