Wednesday, February 18, 2015

More Snow=More Fun!

We woke up to more snow this morning. And, not long after breakfast, giggles were coming from out in front of our house. They had quite the time being pulled along by their dad and/or one of their siblings. The best fun was probably when the one pulling let go and the sled continued on. Not many cars out this morning as Tullahoma schools were out once again so they pretty much had clear sailing. They also went a ways down the street that runs next to ours to go where there is a better hill in a church parking lot. Joseph stayed with us. They came back saying that there was more snow in front of our houses than there was in that parking lot. They played a bit more and then headed into their house for hot chocolate. I had a photo session with Joseph. Graham came over for his long time with Goosey (Woody) and Esther came over for her time with me. Esther finished getting her notebook caught up to date. After lunch, Woody headed out to do his Wednesday Krogering. By that time the main roads were pretty clear and the side roads that he had to be on just had patches of ice and snow on them. I got busy cooking. I made red clam sauce for our meal tonight...but made it with canned mussels that Woody bought on a whim one time. We both prefer clam sauce over mussel sauce...but we will eat it. BUT Woody did say that he wouldn't be buying them again! We had cooked a turkey breast the end of last week and I made broth with the bones and what was left on said bones. I have that cooling and will skim off any fat tomorrow and then make turkey soup of one sort or another tomorrow. I had just come upstairs to rest my weary back when Kathy texted me about perhaps taking Joseph today for his first pair of walking shoes. I sat for a few more minutes and then hopped in their vehicle as they came and picked me up. It is a tradition that Woody and I get the grandchildren their first pair of walking shoes from Clayton's Shoe Store in Tullahoma. This is the 9th pair that I have bought for the nine grandchildren. I believe that Florence, owner of Clayton's, has fit all nine of them with their shoes. He was so cute getting them. He sat so still and just stared trying to figure out what she was doing to his feet when she measured him. Then he was so funny making that first attempt to walk in the shoes...they must feel like lead weights on their feet at first!
I came home and rested some more and then went down and got the water boiling for the pasta and strained the broth so it could go into the refrigerator. We had supper a little later than usual and then I got busy washing the dishes that hadn't fit into the dishwasher earlier. While I was doing the dishes, the phone rang and it was our friendly recorded message reminding us of Woody's next week appointments at Vanderbilt. More snow isn't predicted for tomorrow...just very cold temperatures. It is already down to 14...predicted to go as low as 4! Brrrrrrrr!!!!!!! It is a faucet dripping night to keep pipes from freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment