Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Little Snow=Lotta Fun!

We mostly got frozen rain, but sometime in the middle of the night it did turn into snow and this morning everything had a layer of white on it...enough for the neighbor grandchildren and their parents to go out and play around in it for a while even though it was VERY cold! Joy even made a snow angel...and made it where her grammy could take a picture without going out into the cold...took it from our bedroom window. They played around and most didn't come over here for their school time...though they did have school at their house. Joy was the only one who elected to come over to read. So I went about working around the house. I got the Hummel bookshelf back to non-Christmas. Woody made a special lunch dessert treat for the neighbor grands and their parents = one of his specialties--pumpkin pudding. Abigail returned the tray that he took them over on and then stayed for a little while helping me get our dining room table and kitchen table back to a smaller size. She was a great help clearing things off and going to get things, etc. After she left I got the cutwork table "doily" ironed and back on the dining room table and got the centerpiece back on it. Then it was time for getting supper. We had Eggplant Parmesan...very tasty. Then I got the kitchen cleaned up from both Woody's and my cooking messes...did some dishes and got as many as possible into the dishwasher. By that time I was ready to head upstairs and rest my weary back! Woody's stiff neck seems to be better today. I heading off now to my cozy recliner and read...if I can keep my eyes open! They say that it may snow some more over night. What we got today had pretty much gone by late this afternoon. There was quite a bit of power outage in town over night, but our area managed to stay on...so thankful! This afternoon when the sun came the ice on the trees was so beautiful. I attempted to capture the glisten...but that seems to be hard to do. I'll post two that I took when it was so sparkly outside. The sparkle shows better if you click on them and make them larger. It looked like millions of diamonds hanging in the trees!

No comments:

Post a Comment