Thursday, February 19, 2015

Downright Frigid

Joseph is keeping warm in his jammies and snuggling with Mr. Bear! The last that I looked at Weatherbug it said that we were at 10 already tonight. Brrrrrrrrr! I have felt cold all day. This morning we didn't have school as Nathan, Kathy, and Graham were going to look at a used piano and Goosey (Woody) and I went next door to take care of six of the seven neighbor grandchildren. I got Joseph down for his morning nap and then Joy and I came back over to our house for her sewing time with me. She is the best one for thinking up what she wants to sew next...of course, they are usually things that I don't have patterns for and usually have no idea where she is going with the sewing idea! And, Grammy is pretty much a play it by a pattern and instruction sewer. But today she got across to me what she wants to make...it will end up assisting her in doing a magic trick or two. I think that we got it mapped out and cut out and next time we will do some sewing on it...and perhaps even get it finished. The next picture is a picture of true friendship:
Only a true and long-time friend would come over and move a piano in way below freezing temperatures on a snow day off from teaching! But the piano has been moved into it's new home. I haven't seen it yet as it was so cold that I snapped this picture and a couple of others and scurried home to get out of the cold. Kathy said that Abigail was trying to figure out how to play it using a beginner piano book. They will have to get it tuned, but it should serve them well and perhaps several little ones will learn to tickle the ivories! I came home and had lunch and then went upstairs for a little while and snuggled under a fleece throw and read and worked on Sunday's Sunday School lesson. Then mid afternoon I went downstairs and made turkey soup. The turkey soup warmed us up some when we had it for supper. After supper, I was reading but next I knew I was waking up from a little snooze. Woody has stayed pretty close to his recliner except for the time that he spent next door this morning. Oh, a little weather update...we are due for more snow and ice later tomorrow...OH, BOY!!!! I "believe" that it is supposed to turn to rain on Saturday...rain can only mean warmer temperatures...rain sounds good!

No comments:

Post a Comment