Monday, February 9, 2015

Clowning Achievement?

About tonight's title...really it is a "crowning" achievement as Elijah couldn't have clowned around very much to have read two of these big Dick and Jane books this school year. This one had close to 200 pages as did the last one. He just happened to show up for school with his clown nose...didn't have anything to do with finishing this book...but has a lot to do with this fun loving little boy! Congrats, Elijah. When he had his Grammy time after lunch we decided to go to the church library and check out another Dick and Jane that he hadn't yet read. We have a lot of little Dick and Jane books but those stories happen to be included in these big books so we decided that he needed some new fun Dick and Jane stories. Abigail started her next sewing project...a doll dress to match the dress that she made for herself. The rest of the crew read to me at their designated times and Isaac went through his usual lessons with sounds and counting. Woody went for a four-mile walk this afternoon. He said that he "thought" about doing a couple of other things today, but never got around to doing them. He did help me wash some of the cooking pots that I dirtied yesterday when I made potato soup. I loaded everything that I could into the dishwasher, but that was as much as I could do after I cooked so I left a couple of pots for him to do. This afternoon after the children finished school, I did manage to cut out the knit shirt that I am going to make for Joseph to go with his overalls. The computer has been giving me fits this evening so I am going to stop here as it may take forever for this to publish. It has taken me about an hour to get to this point as the picture didn't want to load, then the software took forever to come up...let's just say that nothing wanted to cooperate tonight and I even "tried" to get it done early tonight. Oh, well...

No comments:

Post a Comment