Thursday, February 26, 2015

Igloos & Cake

Looks like we are online...we have had it sporadically...so I will take advantage and post quickly before it is gone again. We turned into a winter wonderland once again...this was the prettiest snow that we have had and enough that the children were able to have lots of fun. By the time that they got home from church last night there was enough snow on the ground for them to make several snowmen. It was the nice packing kind of snow. The temperatures were such that it wasn't bitterly cold to be out playing in it. This morning they got up and had more snow fun. This time they decided to make an igloo. I'm impressed...they even got it closed at the top and there was enough room inside for several of them to be in there at the same time. Woody and I pretty much stayed in trying to stay warm. Woody has been really cold these last couple of days...perhaps a side effect of the Keytruda? Most of the pictures that I took were through windows. But I did venture out to take a couple of pictures once the igloo was finished. This afternoon we both ventured forth and went next door to celebrate Graham's 13th birthday which is tomorrow. We had cake and ice cream and presents. Seems just like yesterday when Nathan called us from the hospital in Texas just after he was born so we could hear him cry. Time does fly! Kathy reported today that once Graham is officially a teenager tomorrow...that it would be 19 years before they would be without a teenager in their house!!!!! Lucky them!!!!! Well, I will post quickly while I can! Maybe I will blog tomorrow night and maybe I won't...internet circumstances will dictate that.

1 comment:

  1. I had 5 teenagers at once! What a wild, crazy, and fun time that was! I am thankful those days are past and I can enjoy my adult children!! The hardest thing was when they all got engaged, married, and moved on to their own lives at once! That was a whirlwind of activity. But, looking back...what a great time.

    ReplyDelete