Saturday, February 7, 2015

Sunny Saturday

We haven't seen a lot of sunshine this winter...so a bright sunny day is very much appreciated. And, today the sun even brought warmer temperatures (low 60's this afternoon). I think that Woody must have really enjoyed the temperature when he went on his four-mile walk this afternoon. This morning he did his usual library visit and our Saturday grocery shopping and made a couple of visits at the local hospital. He brought home several choices for me to cook...now if I just would "feel like" cooking them! Today has pretty much been a sewing day for me. Joseph's little overalls are finished except for hammering the snaps on the inner leg seams and making two buttonholes and sewing on two buttons. I let Disney's The Swiss Family Robinson entertain me this afternoon while I sewed. That video was part of the pickle present this year and this was the first time that I had a chance to watch it. It was a pleasant reminder of seeing it as a child. I forgot to say last night that I got the corner tree taken down yesterday and Woody brought the box up and has gotten it placed back in the Christmas closet. Today I have been working on getting the living room tree down and put the last branches in the box just a little while ago. I took it apart differently this year...took off branches and took them upstairs a few at a time and put them in their box while it stayed in the Christmas closet rather than dragging the box downstairs. I felt that it would help preserve the box that has seen better days and also save the backs of whoever attempts to push it back up the stairs and down the hall. I still have ornament boxes downstairs behind the love seat. I was waiting to put them upstairs till the tree box came down and then went back up. So I guess now they can come upstairs and await their turn to go back in their place in the closet. Now that the tree boxes are back in the closet, the repacking of other boxes can commence...that BIG job is Woody's...so at this point I turn all the Christmas decorations over to Woody! Woody is watching a movie that he checked out of the library this morning. I think that I am going to go look at the pattern for the knit shirt that I plan to make for Joseph to wear with his overalls. The first thing that I did this morning was add the next four sets of Vanderbilt appointments to my iPad calendar. I keep the appointment sheet in the bag that I carry to Vanderbilt, but it is helpful to be able to check the calendar for them too...a quick way to check what time they are...and the times are really scattered this time...some in the morning and some in the rather late afternoon...hard to keep the times in mind...at least in this mind of mine! Woody still has his cough.

No comments:

Post a Comment