Friday, April 3, 2015

A Windy/Stormy Good Friday

Here's a couple of the pictures that I captured using my iPad as a remote control for my point and shoot camera. I put the camera on a tripod and aimed it at my new bird feeder and than sat in the glider on our porch and attempted to capture a few pictures...and, had better luck than yesterday. Elijah was intrigued with how I could take a picture away from the camera so I snapped one him making a silly face. Woody woke up waaaaaay too early (3am) this morning. He woke me up when he came upstairs to get something...he went back downstairs and later told me that he went right back to sleep, but I ended up reading for a while till I could get back to sleep. He said that he woke up an hour or so later and decided that he couldn't get back to sleep that time so he got up and headed out on a walk. This is the first time that he has taken a long walk in a long time. He walked 12 miles. I was awakened by a phone call...again too early...before 7am. Oh, well, I decided that I might as well get up and start my day. I cooked a ham...figured that I might as well get my weekend cooking underway. And, several of the grandchildren and their father enjoyed a bite or two after it got out of the oven. Woody worked in the yard again today. Abigail and Joy worked some more on washing off the house. Then their daddy took over and sprayed it with a special cleaner that I had gotten quite a while back, but we had never used. The children have been in and out as they finished various school task and other tasks. I spent quite a while on the front porch taking pictures. It was sort of a lazy day for me. It looks/sounds like what the winds have been blowing our way all day is getting closer as I am hearing thunder. I know that we are under a tornado watch till late tonight. Also hail is predicted...I cringe when hail is mentioned as it reminds me of the destruction that it did several years ago to our brand new siding...well, that side and part of the front of the house just has newer siding than the rest...don't want to have hail damage again! Weatherbug just chirped at me and made me jump! Guess I had better see what it is telling us...dangerous thunderstorm alert until 8:04pm...guess I'd better hit publish and shut things down for a while! Rain has started...and tornado watch (conditions are right for a tornado (not one sighted on the ground))until 11pm. Spring severe weather has started...oh, boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment