Monday, April 27, 2015

Monday Musings

We have had another pretty spring day...a bit breezy and on the cool side...but at least a sunshiny day...always love to see the sun shine. We got the week started off with school. We are on the downhill slide for this school year. When it is a day like today, they would just as soon be outside...but we got lessons and reading done. Abigail worked some more on the pair of shorts that she is making. She got the hems done...usually one of the last things but on this knit it was easier to do them first while the legs are flat. She used the serger cover stitch to do them and did a very good job. After lunch, I worked in the kitchen...preparing ingredients for tonight's veggie burger patties. I discovered that we had some onions that weren't long for this world so I worked with them...salvaging what I could of them...at least they weren't a total loss...plus what I had to peel off of each onion to find the good ended up in the compost pile...good to make rich dirt for future use! I got the veggie burger patties prepared and then refrigerated them till it was time for supper. I loaded the dishwasher and then went upstairs to read for a while. I talked on the phone with my sister for a while, too. Woody went for a four-mile walk this morning. He has once again spent a lot of time out in the yard mowing and raking. Tomorrow we will be on the road again...heading back to Vanderbilt...the story of our lives lately...this will be the third trip this month. He will have lab work done, see Dr. Sosman, find out the results of the PET scan, and have his next Keytruda infusion. The first appointment isn't super early...which is a good thing...hopefully we can avoid most of the Murfreesboro/Nashville rush hour. I'll report tomorrow night on our day and what the doctor said about the scan results.

No comments:

Post a Comment