Thursday, April 16, 2015

Thundery Thursday

I woke up to thunder rumbles this morning and we have had them off and on all through the day. Our new birdhouses arrived this morning. We were busily getting them unboxed and Woody was trying to figure out how to attach them to the poles and I happened to read a paper that had been put in with the birdhouses. This insert suggested that they be coated with polyurethane to protect the painted surfaces. So we hopped in the car and headed to our local Lowes. We found something that hopefully will work. While we were there the bottom dropped out and it rained really hard for a little while. When the rain started to let up a bit, we struck out for the car..and didn't get too wet...at least we didn't melt. The weather has never allowed me to go outside to spray this coating on the houses so the little birdies will have to wait a bit longer for their new homes. Woody waited till after lunch to go on his four-mile walk today. We have both dozed a couple of times today...a good day to laze around! I have been reading some as has Woody. I made us a ham and macaroni salad...one of my mother's recipes...a favorite recipe to use leftover ham in. Now the ham bone is all that is left. We will make soup, but since I don't have any plans for using the bone immediately I put it in the freezer for another day. I had planned to sew some today, but the intermittent thunderstorms today didn't make it a good day to sew so have put that off for another day too. If I was real ambitious I could do a little cutting out of some future projects but not sure that ambition is there!

No comments:

Post a Comment