Wednesday, April 8, 2015

"Each One, Teach One"

Tonight's blog title is a saying that the "sewing community" touts. The idea being teaching someone else how to sew will help the sewing art from becoming a dying art. So we are encouraged to teach at least one person how to sew. Let's see...Elijah becomes my fifth "someone" to teach how to use a sewing machine. So I guess I am keeping up with than my part of this "sewing bargain!" It's so much fun to see his eagerness...of course for him, being a boy, it is the fun of learning how to run a MACHINE! He did great and was quite precise sewing around this square and learning how to pivot at the corners. We start out sewing on paper...learning how to maneuver around various shapes. He now has the start for a sewing notebook...one more to keep up to date! Both Woody and I got up early this morning. I woke up to the light shining in my face...I guess I fell asleep before I meant to as I also had my glasses still on...my book was closed, though. Woody headed off to the grocery store a little after 7...early bird gets the worm on Kroger specials on Senior Adult discount Wednesdays. Today's bargain was fresh turkey breasts. Guess I will be doing some cooking tomorrow. We had our usual Wednesday school schedule. Graham worked with Goosey (Woody) and Esther cross stitched with me for their long times. Graham is working on memorizing the various elements and their abbreviations and atomic numbers. Woody has some memory techniques he is using to help Graham learn these. Esther is getting great at following a cross stitch graph...so she can stitch along and I read out loud to her while she stitches till she needs a little help. Elijah asked for some more sewing time during his regular time so after he read and did a couple of other things he got to sew for a little while. After lunch, I headed to the library. Donna, Fran, and I got together a list of overdue books. Then we had to check the shelves to make sure that they weren't on the shelf before we ask patrons if they still have them. We couldn't believe how many were back on the shelves that didn't show checked in on the computer...wonder if it was computer glitch or human error. We decided in this case to blame on it on the computer since it can't talk back to us! I came home and collapsed with my book and even dozed a little. We had leftovers for supper tonight. Woody has done a lot of yard work today...he was in and out a lot today. Everything is getting so green around Middle TN. It was so nice to see how everything is greening up around here. Couldn't see colors on the way home as it was dark by the time that we got away. We were out of the infusion area a little after 6:30...but it took quite a while to get our car. We use the free valet parking when we go as it is so much easier than self-parking. The valet parking closes around 6pm and after that one has to call a number to get your car. Well, I called. They asked if we were already downstairs and I said that we were so they said that they would bring it right to us. Well...we waited and we waited and...finally someone else came out and they called for their car. For some reason their car was parked right where we were waiting, but they had to get their keys. So the man came right away with their key and we asked him about our car explaining that it had been 20 min. since I had called. He went and got our car and we finally got under way around 7:20. This meant that we didn't get home till 8:45...a very long day. Our next few appointments are earlier...thank goodness. We are not fond of the ones that are late in the afternoon. We have had a very warm day today...in the 80's! Woody is taking an evening walk tonight...I'm guessing that he will walk four miles. He asked me to go...buy my "get-up-and-go" has gotten up and gone. Now, I'm off to attempt to call our birthday girl. It's Melany's birthday today...I won't tell how old she is since it would reflect on my age!!!! Let's just say I can't believe that we have a daughter THAT old...just couldn't be so...seems like yesterday that we were holding her in our arms as a newborn! Happy Birthday, Melany!

No comments:

Post a Comment