Monday, April 6, 2015

Joy's Got the Whole World in Her Hands!

Woody started out the day gardening. He got the plants put out that we bought on Saturday. He knew that it was going to rain so it was a very good day to get them into the ground.
And, rain it has...it started mid-morning and has rained pretty much steadily the rest of the day. I looked at the radar a little while ago and I think that it is about to stop. Nice April showers! I have had a busy day of school. The school day started with Isaac, then Elijah came for his time. Then it was time for Esther and then Joy to come over for their time of reading out loud with me. Then it was time for Abigail to come for her sewing hour. She just has to finish sewing on a couple of snaps and her doll dress that matches the dress she made for herself will be done. While one of the girls was reading Woody headed off to Life Care Center to do Bible study with one of the residents. He brought us home Arby's Roast Beef sandwiches for our lunch. Not long after I ate it was time for Graham to come over for his reading time. Then it was Elijah's "Grammy long time." Today I introduced him to the sewing machine. He will start his sewing lessons in the next school year, but I decided that he could start learning the parts of the machine and how the machine works here at the end of this year. He was pretty excited! He tried out several of the stitches on a scrap of fabric. After Elijah finished his time with me, Joy came over to do her sewing lesson. She usually sews on a different day, but there were going to be conflicts on her day so we did it today. Tonight's picture shows that she finished up her latest sewing project. She pieced together some fabric to make a backing for the map fabric panel that I bought for the school room a while ago. She then sewed the back to the front and turned it right sides out. Today she pressed it and then edge stitched around the whole thing. Looks great and we talked about different places in the world as she sewed it. By the time that Joy's sewing time was over, I was very ready for my recliner! I am still attempting to finish the book that I have been reading...I'm very close to the end now...less than 100 pages. This book has almost 500 pages and it pretty much all takes place in 24 hours...or at least to this point in the book. I am heading downstairs to watch Dancing with the Stars. Tonight we will be switching back and forth between Dancing and Basketball so Woody can keep up with what is happening with the final game of March Madness. There is no telling what time I will be blogging tomorrow night as Woody's last appointment is quite late in the day...I'm sure that it will be another looooooooong Vanderbilt day! Oh, I almost forgot...Woody made a really good roasted cauliflower recipe for our supper: Cauliflower Snowflakes...another Barefoot Contessa recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment